Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Birthday

Well, today was "the big day". I turned 40 on this Feb.14th. Last night I celebrated with 10 if my closest friends with a potluck, wine and lots of laughter. We kept everyone in the house up! It was the first time for some of them meeting as I know several of them from different circles. One takes a chance with such events! I seem to befriend strong women who love a good debate so there was lots of lively conversation...it all went really well and I have spent a great deal of time today reflecting on my gratitude for having these women in my life. Today I had hoped to make it to the studio, but rather had a lazy day with the kids and no cooking which was a welcome break! Monday is a holiday here in Ontario ("family day"). I will be in the studio tomorrow ready to go early and hope to get lots done. The Kingston Fibre Artists show hangs the end of the month and I need to finish up a couple of pieces (umm, actually start one of them) and get in my label information. I also need to felt my final pillow sample to send to Massachusetts. It is not "official" yet as the website is not up and running, but I will be teaching at the Midwest felters Symposium...hope you will catch me there (July). Well, my birthday "day" is coming to an end and my family will not be waiting on me as they kindly and willing did today, so I must get to bed. I will post a picture of the completed pillows before they head South. Happy Valentines Day.

No comments:

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus