Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lost Sleep...felting dreams

I go through these crazy phases often when I have work laid out on my table. I find it hard to get to sleep and if I wake up at any point in the night, I can forget about getting back to sleep. My head is swimming with ideas and my tummy churning with concerns for upcoming teaching engagements. I woke up this morning (4 a.m.) and I was dreaming I was spinning with a drop spindle...something I have never done and didn't think I wanted to do. I got up and went through my calls for entry file and my teaching file and my exhibition file and assured myself that I can only be concerned about my next event and need to put the others out of my mind until my calendar tells me I need to think about them! I am now strictly making pillows and pods to prepare to teach them and have the added benefit of having them to sell on the studio tour, or wherever. I made one last night and today and I am getting the process I am going to teach nailed down. I have also booked a private lesson in Montreal in September with hopefully more. I love Montreal and will gladly break my fall/winter teaching break to see students there. Well, Kettle is boiling and I am going to set up another pillow to keep the ball rolling! Hope I have sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Pam de Groot said...

I've been there with the waking up thing. Your work is truly amazing. I'm so glad I've found you. I've had your website on my bookmarks for years. Your latest submission is beautiful.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus