Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday...Ahhhh!

I love the weekends. No rushing to make lunches and get kids to where they need to go. Just hanging out and drinking coffee as if I don't have things to do! I stayed up late last night making some fun little felted rings with marbles inspired by German felter Annette Quentin-Stoll. I had fun with them and can sell them on the studio tour. Of course, they all fit my skinny fingers. I need to work on making bigger ones and will make some more today. The boys and I are going to a friends house for lunch. My wonderful friend, Chris White, gave me little batt of a beautiful super fine merino from Oregon that is calling to me and I am trying to decide the best thing to make with it. I am thinking a nuno wrap with this gorgeous soft wool would be a real treat to wear and I do need something for the Gala in a couple of weeks. I may have to get a dye pot started for the first time this year and dye some silk especially for it, or maybe do an overdye/shibori. Oh, I am excited now! I am so happy that I am never short on ideas! Oh, life is good. I am counting my many blessings to day. Family, friendship and felt.

1 comment:

Arlenesfelt said...

Andrea,
The last four sentences of your post describe my life to a tea! What a treat to read those words first thing Sunday morning.
Thank you, Arlene

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus