Thursday, May 14, 2009

Off again today- short trip

Well, I had a lovely time in Almonte. I spoke at the Mississippi Mills Textile Museum to a group as part of their 20th anniversary Gala. They followed my talk with a reception with yummy goodies and wine and I had a chance to meet some of the workshop participants for the following day. I stayed with Kay at her "farm". Yes, it is a farm, with lots of cows, sheepdog, a donkey, chickens and the like, but the most elegant, pristine farm I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The workshop went very well and I was lucky to have a group of artists as things could have gotten a bit tricky if they had to be walked through the creative part. This is a good thing for me to consider with this workshop which I will be teaching at the Midwest Felter's Symposium. I returned home to switch to my mom hat and checked in with the boys' teachers.

Today (after taking the boys to school and grocery shopping) I will head to Picton to pick up some wool locks at a fibre shop and then head to Bellevile to give a lecture and attend an opening for Masterworks East. A lot of hat switching lately!!

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

No comments:

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus