Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shifting Gears

After cruising around the last several months with my standard transmission on cruise control, it is now time to start shifting. All the teaching from the last year had been set long before and I have drifted from place to place meeting wonderful people and teaching fun things. Now, with exhibitions ahead, it is time to take control and take the long winding road inside my head and see what comes of it through my hands.

My work for a solo exhibition must be done by the end of February and I am also part of 2 group shows in the same time frame. I am not sure what work will go were as I am also waiting to hear about 2 (3?) other juried exhibition's. All this with the holidays coming and a busy time for my other business...the business I am getting ready to sell, which complicates things further! Of course, the 3 boys and the rest of life occurring simultaneously.

I am setting boundaries and budgeting my time, guarding my home/studio space carefully. No visitors/shoppers and only one day per week in town for business matters. I anticipate lots of bumps in the road, a pothole or two, and days I may be stuck in neutral, but I am moving forward.

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! You're not selling the online wool store are you?

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a page right out of Trucker Management (did you read it)

Pam de Groot said...

The discipline is definitely the hardest thing. I find I can be so easily distracted and particulary when I have no clear vision or too many things to do and don't know where to start. You seem to have a good plan there.
Pam

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Yes, I'm selling to wool business with all the toys and book along with it. I WILL continue to sell wool in larger volumes.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus