Monday, January 10, 2011

Play time done, for now!

finished and drying on a hanger.

detail

back view

full front view. I ended up making slits in the side so that when it is on, the front panels fall nicely. It is still damp here and hanging a little stiff.

Mid way through fulling.
I got impatient and took the piece off the resist quite early and immediately regretted it knowing it could all come apart. It was all in a heap and I could not let what part was what. I very carefully lifted shifted the piece to begin fulling careful to support the weight.

Wet out last flap

layout of last flap
I will post a picture of me in it when my photographer is done his homework!

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

14 comments:

FeltersJourney said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous Andrea!! I loved the first vest (which looks fab on btw), this one is even more stunning - are you keeping both?

Unknown said...

It really is beautiful. Nice work! I love the colors.

Kathleen xx

Unknown said...

These vests are the most beautiful thing I have seen in felt. What a treat to wear them. And the design is wonderful. The perorations just make it sparkle!

Unknown said...

Of course that is supposed to say perforations!

vilterietje said...

absolutly fabulous! if i were you i would never makeanother one, because you can't beat this one! love,riet

Plastusia said...

I like very much your last works! It's wonderful!

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Thanks, ALL! Yes, both are for me. I know I will enjoy wearing them. I was so tierd of only wearing the 'reject' scarves that did not get sent to the galleries and then explaining to poeple commenting on them that they were not very good. Now I can wear these ans say "Oh, this old thing? Just something I whipped up." You all will know better :o)

Cash en Els said...

Amazing, very beautiful!!!

Best regard, Els

From The Netherlands

Ro Bruhn said...

Fabulous piece, I love your work, great colours too.

Terriea Kwong said...

Amazing and gorgeous. Love the style.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Love everything about this vest...The color, style, design work... Absolutely gorgeous. So glad that you're keeping it and can't wait to see you modeling it.

Dolphina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Hmm, someone made a comment and changed their mind...too bad.

india flint said...

that's a splendid garment!

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus