Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big Things are happening in Fibre!

Oh, I love this picture! (From akwardfamily.com)

I thought I would start with a bang as my day seems somewhat mundane, but in a very good way. I need to get my feet back on terra firma and my head in reality.
I have been commissioned to make a scarf for a client at one of my galleries, so I have laid out three (I am making one, I may as well make three). I have crammed both tables in to get the right length around my *new* shiny sinks and look forward in the next few months to doubling my studio space. Two of them are more laminate-ish scarves than my collage (ish) scarves, as the weather is warming up and they are more "all season" (much like my tires). It is just the thing to get me back in the studio as they don't take too much out of me physically or creatively!


Tomorrow, I will give a lecture at the John M. Parrott Gallery in Belleville (2-4, please do come!)I promise it will be enlightening. If not, I will give you your money back. Okay, it's free, but that is beside the point. I can then begin making samples for the bag class I am teaching at New England Felting Supply in a few weeks (yippee!) It will basically be a resist class with lots of 3D elements. If you are interested in sculpture, it would be useful.

The next week brings March break and a couple of meetings about some exciting creative projects! I will keep you posted! Juicy stuff and a bit of a new felting direction, but long in coming.


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

2 comments:

fontainefleurie said...

this is so attempting - whenever you're coming to Holland, let me know. If poosible I can organise something for a group and for sure I'll be your student

fontainefleurie said...

me again - fontainefleurie is my other account about our french holidayhouse. My felt-fiber-blog is actually www.dovadi.web-log.nl/fiberfusing. And I'am very serious about my previous question! (funny now the wordverification is saying coome...)

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus