Thursday, September 23, 2010

More stuff...

Tuesday's hat...little skull cap with silk

Wednesdays hat...inspired by the Mushroom hat in Uniquely Felt (a must-have book)

...check out the friggin' resist! I did end up trimming the brim, but sheesh!

New black hat on the go...it's going to be pretty! Can't wait to get to work on it...



Detail- silk fibres and merino nepps

Well, made another hat and will finish the black one today. That is 5 hats in 4 days, for those counting. This a.m. I grocery shopped, searched for my dog who habitually runs away (and found him, thankfully after tears, followed by the "Do-you-know how-worried-I-was?" lecture), and have eaten a very unheathy breakfast...Dr. Pepper and corn chips. It was one of those impulsive hungry at the grocery store purchases. After a bout of insomnia, I figure I would further inflict inbalance on my ageing and protesting body. In any case...enjoy the pictures...check out the huge resist for yesterday's hat. Time to make some coffee and get to that black hat. Have an awesome, creative day and hug your dog. It has to be better behaved than mine.
Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

11 comments:

cedar said...

I loved the little red hat...looking good, are the resists so large because you are working in fine merino? I have made many hats but never with such huge resists....impressive!

Tracy said...

Ooh I love that first little skull cap....with your long dark locks, it looks beautiful. Might make a lovely submission, photographed with you in it. Just a thought...

Unknown said...

Cool! Is a hat a "vessel"?.....as in the felt vessels workshop this weekend?

dorie said...

ok than so much hats in 1 week? You're a wonderwoman. Like them all. Are they for a gallery or shop?

Fi said...

What hats! They are wonderful. Inspiring.

diana said...

Fantastic hats!!!!All!!!I loved Your works and I'm your fun from Poland!I hope that some day I'll meet You!Greetings from Poland

mycuriousteaparty said...

The black hat would be just perfect for the wedding I'm going to on Saturday, it would finish my outfit off a treat!

Instead I've got to cobble something together in the morning with an old facinator and some ribbon... I'd rather have had that hat.

I love the blue mushroom hat too, infact I love them all.. You make FANTASTIC HATS Andrea.

Maria Dent said...

Iv been really inspired by your hats this week. Im going to make one this afternoon! Its also good to see another felter that has a busy life too. Thank god for felting as its the only thing that destresses me.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Good morning Andrea,

Great hats!

Those dogs...If they weren't so darn cute, we wouldn't put ourselves through all of the stress. Glad you found him. They're fast little buggers, aren't they? I gave my "bad boy" a big hug this morning. He's equally as naughty as yours! But, I love him to pieces. Fortunately he makes me laugh much more frequently than he puts me through the wringer:-)

Hugs,
Dawn

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Thanks so much all! Yes, Karen...a hat is a vessel. Funny, because the gallery asked if I made hats. My first reaction was "Ptsh, NO, I do not make hats!" I have had NO desire to make hats, but it took me about 2 seconds to reframe that into thinking about them as vessels for the head. "Yeah! I get to make scultures!" I can't wait to make more, but my bleeding hands need a days break.

Gabriela H. said...

Hi Andrea, I admire your work so much!! I'm form Argentina, I have done a workshop with Julia Rossi a few months ago. I just send an email to the account that appears here on the blog asking about the hat books you mention on this blog....I would like to know if they are useful for beginners like me!! thank you so much!!

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus