Monday, July 23, 2012

Falling of the face of earth? Naw!

 Did you all think I had left you all? Of course not! I have been busy and then was a bit of a sloth...and then had students. This was followed by further slothing. I find I have these ebb and flow situations and have long stopped beating myself up over it because it really is part of my creative process. If I need to nap, I nap. If I need to just float through a few days, I give myself permission (within reason, of course). I missed an opening of a group show I am in and an artists outing. I have since made up for some lost time. I did teach a bags workshop which motivated me to purchase more silk. While in Prince Edward County on Saturday, I was inspired my a clay piece at a gallery and made this vessel (15 inches tall)



The best part was today when I met with an artist friend who has offered to mentor me through the next stage of my arts practice. I am not giving up what I do (that's crazy talk), but I am going to focus significant energy on my fine arts part of my work. I am looking forward to it all, but navigating some new areas feels awkward. I am thankful to have someone walk me through the rocky parts. I will keep you posted ;o)

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Lykkagard vom Stettiner Haff said...

Wouw! Wieder total toll! Beautifull!
LG Lykka

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus