Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stunning Image

Yes...stunning image. This is breast cancer.

I had the privilege today to have a woman in my studio that I am so proud to include amoungst my circle of friends. She has been an artist for decades, making a living in the fibre arts with fine knit wearable art. Her work is fun, colourful and lively, much like her. Last year, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She arrived at an Artists in Business meeting with a shaved head, which I foolishly first though was a fashion statement as she looked so fabulous completely bald. I was shocked to hear of her diagnosis. This fabulous talented woman went on to endure chemo and a double mastectomy and now has the nicest, perkiest boobies ever...and best yet, she is cancer free. Rock on, Carolyn. You kicked some cancer butt!

She is now in a new phase of her career, branching out into complimentary mediums (like hand-made felt!) and receiving long overdue serious recognition. Carolyn is raising money for the RUN FOR THE CURE. If you would like to donate, you can do so here: Bye-Bye cancer


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

3 comments:

WoolWorks said...

Andrea, you rock! Too bad such a bad thing looks so good. It great that you thought my bald look was a fashion statement.
Looking forward. Thanks ox

Hooked On Felt said...

She is blessed to have you as a friend. Love the photo, love microscopic anything. What a world lies beyond our eyes. Amazing that even cancer cells can be so stunning.
Keep up the wonderful works of your imagination and hands.
Suzanne

Lindsey said...

Both of you are amazing! I love that you have found a way to work together. You both inspire me everyday!

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus