Saturday, September 5, 2009

Why is getting to the Studio always Uphill? (when It's in the darn basement!)


From the collections of the St. Louis Mercantile Library at the University of Missouri-St. Louis

Seriously! I have had 2 "free" days with no school to drive kids to, everyone happy and healthy. So, why the hold up? My eldest had a friend sleep over Thursday and even though they are teenagers, I still feel responsible to supervise, entertain, monitor... without "creepin". Then we had the promised trip to Chapters (Big book store- think Barnes and Noble) and Starbucks (well, yeah!). One thing after another added up to the day gone by and the same has happened today! All good/productive stuff, making cookies, tidying the house, but jeesh!

I am now waiting for a shopper...who is late by 24 minutes, at this point. I might be inclined to not answer the door, or be surly, or....who am I kidding. I do toy with the though, nevertheless. Makes me feel a bit better. That and a few cookies, that is. (29 minutes and counting)

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Pam de Groot said...

It's all about momentum. Physics I guess. I find after something big it takes way too long to build up the creative momentum again. I put things off when I'm busy and I just need to attend to it all when the pressure is off. Then it takes quite a long time to get the juices flowing into production again. A bit like that train going from dead stop to full speed. A slow start.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus