Sunday, May 27, 2012

My busy 2 days...

 I am looking ahead to fall gallery needs and when the mood strikes I am doing scarves. There is nothing worse than doing scarves when you don't feel like doing scarves. I am also never happy with one I do because I "have to". Incidentally,  I ended up loving all of these...The above scarves are felted and ready to full

 Mid way through fulling (dropping gently, checking edges frequently)

Still more fulling to do, but ready for cuts.
Cuts done and fully fulled!

shrinkage difference between partially fulled and fully fulled

Right: Fully fulled/ Left: needs more...keep going!!
Done!

Okay...scarves done. Time for the Cat Cave!

"MmmHmmm, green inside will match my eyes"
BIG resist!

Making flowers for the 3D element!

Fully fulled! 40% shrinkage.
Doing some shaping.

Flowers just for my Patty.

I cut the hole a little larger because Patty's fat a** would not fit. It has treats inside so just waiting for her to discover! I really like how the lighter brown goes to dark brown and with the green inside.
Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

12 comments:

Claire Maunsell said...

Perhaps two could fit inside, mine must always be together...brilliant idea, and I love the top!

farmlady said...

Those scarves are really beautiful! I wish I could sit and talk to you about the felting you do. I've never seen such wonderful combinations of colors, fabrics and textures. You are such an artist!
That Cat Cave is charming, the flowers are perfect.

wollkisterl said...

Your scarfs are very well, I like it. How long are the scarfs before you felt? I hope, your cat love your Cat Cave. My cats love´nt it :(
LG Elke

Els said...

Your scarves are great Andrea! (You have a lot of "nuno" to choose from !!!)
I don't think I will try that Cat Cave too : I made a basket kind of thing (from a piece that might have become a cushion) now two cats use it for half a year (together, yes) and it it sooooooooooo full of cat hair that won't come of, how hard I vacuum or beat ..... )

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

The scarves are 80-90 inches to start

caprejan said...

Your scarves look yummy, beautiful colours and the cat look very contented too.

Unknown said...

such beautiful scarves, love them !!!

Carol said...

I bought a scarf of yours about 2 years ago from NEFS. I love it. Just wondering do you use 1 or 2 layers of pre-felt. Your color choices are fabulous!!

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Only one layer of thin prefelt.

Krafty i Arty said...

Super! Super! Super!

Kristy said...

This has been really helpful. I was wondering how I was going to make a cat cave that shape, and now I know! It's going to be my first unsupervised felting project for my new kitten.( I never make things easy for myself!) Your work is really beautiful.

Kristy said...

This has been really helpful. I was wondering how I was going to make a cat cave that shape, and now I know! It's going to be my first unsupervised felting project for my new kitten.( I never make things easy for myself!) Your work is really beautiful.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus