Thursday, June 2, 2011

News...


I had a great, albeit very brief, visit to Toronto last night for our annual general meeting for the Ontario Crafts Council. With every meeting and event, my affection for this organization, and the people involved, grows. They are so professional, organized and supportive and such an amazing group with a great mix of serious crafts people, patrons and professionals.

I met for a brief moment with Sandra Dupret, Dean/Principal of Fleming College in Haliburton. She will be curating a show of Canadian art at Wayne State University and she has invited me to be included. I am both honoured and excited to take this on. The show will hang in November, so not much time, but I know I can do it.

With summer in sight, and I know it will go fast, I may have a full plate if the 2 projects that were submitted for local grants go through (submitted by others, but that include work for me)

New Mexico show in October, Wayne State U in November. THIS is why I leave lots of gaps in my schedule. You have to be ready for those opportunities that seem to come out of no where which are, in fact, leads from groundwork laid over years of arts practice. Love how those things happen.


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

No comments:

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus