Monday, October 26, 2009

Penguin Killer

I was running late today which meant there was no time for a shower before leaving the house. I was still wearing my PJ's and slippers and the youngest had breakfast on the road, truth be told.

This meant that when I returned home I had time to let the shower run long and hot. No rush. Lots of steam. The boys, if witnessing, would accuse me of being a penguin killer with all the fresh, precious water that was streaming from the shower head and down the drain. Long, hot showers cleanse more than the skin. All cares, thoughts of growing "to do" lists, and occasional salty tears merge with each water drop, spill over shoulders and swirl like a tiny hurricane at our toes. Running late has it's advantages.... as long as you are not a penguin, that is.


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Beautiful post....I often have symbollic and of course literal cleansings. Any way to take something ordinary to another level, can't be too bad. Except maybe if you are a penguin...

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus