Monday, November 23, 2015

Update!

 With the fibre layed out I began the needling with a lethal looking tool that thats a bit of muscle and my full body weight...
 I used this tool to punch down some of the wool gently to allow easier wet out and to keep things in place...
 Needling the surface took 3 hours...

 Here you can see where the dyed fibre has been passed through the prefect background...this will also assist in the migration.


The Felt O Matic...

So....Friday rolled around and the weather here was optimal to head out an whale watch. In spite of itching to be in the studio the sparkling water and giant sea mammals won out. Friday was just the 2 of us...Saturday and Sunday was lots of fun and laughs with good friends.

I did manage to place a wool order from the boat and asked for it to be sent "quickly", which was translated as "slow as molasses"...



THIS order arrived in a super timely way as my orders from New England Felting Supply always arrive. Gosh, they have an amazing staff. Lyell is like a superhero.


I really wanted to tell myself that the piece was heavy enough...that I did not need another layer. Alas, this is an important piece and "good enough" will not suffice here. So, as a result, the end of the day today looks very much like the end of the day last time. Since the last post, I needled the entire surface down again after adding another layer...


The next step that will begin tomorrow is wetting out and (finally) felting!
A tiny baby step! Lots to get done before I leave town next week for a week and a holiday tossed in!
I will keep you posted...

Physical Hours this post: 7.5 hours
Tally thus far: 21.5



No comments:

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus